I’m currently working on converting (or hacking) the OSR RPG The Black Hack to work in a modern setting. This product, The Modern Hack, will contain four classes: the Burglar, the Doctor, the Scientist, and the Soldier. The Modern Hack will be available for 99 cents on DriveThruRPG and RPGNow.
There is a really cool new Kickstarter from Kenzer and Company to fund Aces and Eights Reloaded. Its already funding and is smashing stretch goals.
Just wanted to list a few forums and such that are useful for game designers and gamers. It’s not the authorative list, it’s just a starting point, yadda yadda.
- http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?59-D-amp-D-3e-3-5e-d20 -Giant in the Playground forums, d20 section
- http://reddit.com/r/rpgdesign – really friendly subreddit for designing RPGs
- http://reddit.com/r/tabletopgamedesign – pretty inclusive subreddit about game design in general
- http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoInc/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG/thirdParty – Third party section of the Paizo forums
- https://www.twitch.tv/littleredgoblin – Really awesome podcast called Professional Goblins by Mike Myler and Scott Gladstein
- https://fatgoblingames.com/collections/publishers-choice-stock-art – Killer and affordable stock art from Fat Goblin Games
- I’ll definitely add more as I remember them.
Just wanted to list a few things I think make for great inspiration for campaigns:
- Avatar: the Last Airbender
- Skulduggery Pleasant
- H.P. Lovecraft (in general)
- Solomon Kane
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
I might add more things later as I come upon them.
The 200 Word RPG Challenge is an upcoming annual contest in its third year. Every year hundreds of participants try to make a self-sufficient role playing game in less than/equal to 200 words. The contest’s amazing-o-sity is completed with amazing prizes and wonderfully experienced judges.